7. Private Pedestrian City Tour | Poblano Crossword
Why are you going to love it?
- Besides knowing and learning the history and legends of Puebla, you will have fun solving a Poblano Crossword and if you succeed, you will have a “sweet prize”.
- You will visit the “Zócalo” of the city, Cathedral with the highest towers of the continent and recognized by its historical heritage.
- Chapel of the Rosary, named the eighth wonder of the world, almost entirely covered in gold.
- Municipal Palace, the current building of style of Elizabethan architecture with influences of the neoclassical and the Italian Renaissance.
- Visit to the Museum Treasures Gallery of the Cathedral, a space dedicated to the dissemination of the rich patrimonial heritage that protects the bishopric; in a joint participation of the State Government and the Archdiocese.
- The “street of sweets”, where you can see the great variety of delights created by the nuns of the convents of Puebla and the handicraft market “El Parián”.
- In this tour you will discover why Puebla was named a World Heritage Site.
Puebla is considered as the magical place where art, culture and the world of knowledge meet. Founded in 1531 by the Spaniards to live in it and was a point of rest between Veracruz and Mexico City. UNESCO declared it Cultural Heritage of Humanity in 1987. Here they cooked the “mole poblano”, the “chiles en nogada” and the typical sweets, the standard of Mexican gastronomy; here the women dressed for the first time the suit of the china poblana and here the battle of the 5 of May of 1862 was fought.
On this tour you will be amazed with “The Chapel of the Rosary”, its construction dates from the seventeenth century. Its sumptuous decoration based on onyx, gilded plasterwork, paintings and tiles covered with 22 carat gold plates, make the chapel a unique building of its kind, which has been considered as the eighth wonder of the new world.
You will continue your visit in the Cathedral of Puebla. Its construction dates back to 1539 but it was not until 1690 that it acquired the shape and size it has today. Today, it is considered one of the most beautiful in the world for the many treasures of its interior. Its two towers, flanking the “Door of Forgiveness”, are among the highest in the country. In the Museum “Treasure Gallery of the Cathedral” you can visit thematic exhibitions about sacred art, appreciate unique pieces that have never been exhibited, obtain information about the history, building and wealth of the cathedral basilica, as well as get excited in the anteroom of the great building that is in the street in front, in the historical center of the city of Puebla, same that dates from the XVIth century, consecrated in XVII by Juan de Palafox and Mendoza.
You will walk through the “Zócalo” and the portals that surround it. Visit to the Municipality of Puebla, current building of Elizabethan architecture style with influences of the neoclassical and the Italian Renaissance was initiated in 1887 and completed in 1906 according to the project of the English architect Charles T. S. Hall. The headquarters of the municipal civil power was established in the same place since 1536 as part of the founding process of the city. #ViajaPorPuebla
Details and Prices
Prices in US Dollars |
Adult US$33.0 – Child US$22.0
It includes |
Certified guide, admissions and pedestrian tour in Spanish.
Select the time you want to start the tour: 10:00 am and 15:00 pm.
Tip Module, Municipal Tourism Office of Puebla (Avenida Juan de Palafox y Mendoza, Zócalo, Portal Hidalgo 14, Centro). Arrive 30 minutes before your departure.
Comfortable shoes, sunblock, extra money for personal expenses. Camera, hat or cap. In autumn and winter, a jacket is suggested.
Price per person in Mexican pesos. Rates subject to availability when booking. Does not apply for Groups or in conjunction with other Promotions. Does not include personal expenses or transfers not mentioned. Children from 3 to 11 years old pay.
Once you have made your booking, you will receive a confirmation email where you will be sent the instructions for payment and to take the tour. On the day of the tour, you must have your proof of payment printed along with an identification and present it to the Tip Tours representative in Tip Module located inside the Municipal Tourism Office. Before finalizing your reservation, you must read the Tour Terms and Conditions and they will be accepted when you select this box.
You decide what time to start: 10:00 am, 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 13:00 pm, 14:00 pm, 15:00 pm.
Adult, Child (-11 years old)